Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Ups and Downs of Life or Should I say the Twists and Turns of life?

Ok, so here goes nothing. I'm sitting here in my chair with a blown out knee, two weeks ago I was playing softball for the Japanese restaurant that I work at called Tomo. The game was close we had a two run lead going into the second to last inning, they had two runners on base and I was in left center field. A ball got hit through short stop, and I was running in hard to field the ball. When I got to the ball I could see the man on second was now round third, simultaneously I hear "HOME, HOME"! So with one smooth motion I scoop up the ball and make the transition to throw home! One, two and plant and throw, and oh no something terrible! My front leg that I had just firmly planted, buckles underneath me as I yell out in excruciating pain! I hit the ground and grab my knee as I roll over. All kinds of thoughts rush into my head mixed and diluted with shooting pain! As I lay on the ground rolling back and forth with my hands on my knees taking in this all to familiar pain! What did I just do to myself? It takes a few moments before the rest of the team realizes I'm even down much less in serious pain. Slowly as the come over they realize that I'm not getting up from this fall under my own power. 
It all starts to set in not only had I just blown out my knee again, but I had really done a number on it! Realizing that the game was now tied and there where only a 10-15 minutes left I asked for help and was lifted off the ground by my team mates and taken to the dug out... I was given Ice by someone in the crowd and I watched the rest of the game from the bench in Pain, thinking about all my responsibilities outside of a casual game of softball. How would I get home? Could I pick up my girlfriend from work? I had to work the next 5 days, could I work? All these thoughts race through my head as I watched the other team take the lead... Next we had on last at bat, Josh got a base hit, and next up was Matt, I yelled out to him " Pick me UP" and sure enough he blasts one over the head of the right fielder for a in the park home run!!With that shot we tied it up! And that's how it ended!

So now I sit here writing my first blog as I re-live my blown knee... What's next?


Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment